Happy Halloween everybody!
Well, it’s a little late, but never mind!
How did you celebrate? Did you dress up as a skeleton or the walking dead, or did you stay in and watch scary movies? Did you eat all of the Halloween sweets you bought for the trick or treaters, like I did (oops!)? Whatever you did, I hope you had a ton of fun!
This month has been pretty quiet on the eating and outings front, as I’m saving both money and my appetite for when my parents come and visit in November. So excited! It’s been nearly a year since I’ve seen them, so I can’t wait!
So, because of this, you’ll notice the ‘Eating’ section is missing for October, and that the ‘Watching’ section has more than doubled in size!! I had to keep myself occupied somehow…..
THIS MONTH I HAVE BEEN…
TOP ONLINE FINDS IN OCTOBER
Peru Top 5
1. At the International Chocolate Awards, Peruvian chocolate makers Cacaosuyo won the ‘Best in Competition – Overall’ in the section of plain/origin milk bar, with their milk chocolate bar ‘Piura Milk’. Their chocolate is delicious, so it’s definitely a well deserved prize!
2. If you happen to be around Chiclayo on November 8th, then take advantage of the free entry into the ‘Museo Tumbas Reales de Sipan‘, which is a fantastic museum that I have had the privilege of visiting myself. They are celebrating their 13th anniversary and the free admission will even include a visit to the Señor de Sipan’s grave.
3. Take a look at this gallery of photos showcasing Arequipa, where I shall be visiting at the end of this week!
4.Condé Nast Traveler’s ‘Readers Choice Awards’ has 11 Peruvian hotels named in the ‘Top 25 Hotels in South America‘. Have you visited any of them?
5. La Grill 1704 provides mouth-wateringly good artisanal chorizo (they even do a British Banger) to BrewPub Wicks (a favourite haunt of ours), but you can buy them straight from the company itself. Have a look at an interview with the man behind the brand here.
The Best of the Rest
1.Not sure where to take your next trip? Check out the Rough Guides’ ’50 Things To Do Before You Die’ article, and get some inspiration!
2. Want some creepy recipes for next Halloween? Then take a look at YouTube Spotlight’s selection of videos titled ‘Terrifying Treats‘. You can learn how to make a brain cake, jello eyeballs, mad scientist potions and a head made from ham….
3. Have you seen the Star Wars – The Force Awakens trailer? Watch it now!
I hope you have a fabulous November!!